Christopher N. Godios
Christopher Godios was born and raised in Hamburg, New York. He attended Allegheny College in Meadville, PA where he received a Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science. In 2003, Chris moved to Akron, Ohio in order to attend law school at the University of Akron. During law school, Chris worked as an intern at the Ninth District Court of Appeals, the Summit County Court of Common Pleas, and as a law clerk at Sternberg, Newman and Shifrin Inc (now Shifrin Newman Smith). In May 2006, Chris graduated from the University of Akron Law School, Magna Cum Laude.
In 2006, after passing the bar examination, Shifrin Newman Smith Inc. hired Chris as an attorney. Since then, Chris has successfully represented over a thousand disabled individuals at their Social Security Hearings, the Appeals Council, and in Federal District Court. In the past, Chris also worked as a part-time legal writing instructor at the University of Akron School of Law.
In 2007, Chris began representing military veterans before the Department of Veterans Affairs and at the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Chris has given speeches on various Social Security and Veterans Disability related topics to a number of organizations in the Akron, Ohio area- including at the Akron Bar Association, Summit County Traumatic Brain Injury Collaborative, Coleman Behavioral Health, and at Community Support Services. In 2012, Chris became the fourth partner at Shifrin Newman Smith Inc.
Chris is currently admitted to the Ohio Bar, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, The United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. He is a member of NOSSCR (National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives) and NOVA (National Organization of Veterans Advocates). In addition to working in the field of disability, Chris also practices in areas of personal injury, foreclosure defense, and various other civil matters.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania
- Bachelors of Arts
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives, Member
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates, Member
Recent Blog Posts by Christopher N. Godios
- September 1, 2016 - Children’s Supplemental Security Income Benefits Moving About and Manipulating Objects
- May 5, 2016 - Does your child have trouble interacting with and relating to others? How Social Security evaluates socialization problems in children
- April 5, 2016 - Does your child have problems attending to and completing tasks? How Social Security determines whether a disability is present in one of the most popular functional domains
- January 29, 2016 - Progress with Veterans’ Claims; Progress with Veterans’ Appeals to follow?
- July 24, 2015 - How to Prove Your Child is Disabled Acquiring and Using Information